LF: Haifa LF Grabber update

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Haifa LF Grabber update
From: Chris Gomoiu <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 20:35:06 +0200
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=h8sUwoI7kaD41LvZ67cuDeBeghqhyosnMtusiHGLtf4=; b=FRKmC3t5TJq1KPk1XUbzMCTAdG+QZZL+NkE3/Fox+W2lJ683Eg4Ug8RVZ8qKyPtclA yX3XEDQklCYNS3sN5Z7RBzvi+UjjcnX/6WLxxWye8nFOWO6q2oBX7xbqszsJPokk79NV 0R/hq6/+lGkGmeNPegci6ThcHLm18vS4aK9fQ=
Sender: [email protected]
Hello LF,

A small update on my LF Grabber status.

A new active probe antenna was installed today which I hope will provide improved S/N and maybe also lower the level of the strong sporadic QRM you've all noticed. I have added a new LF page at http://www.qsl.net/4x1rf/lf/lfgrabber1.htm with QRSS-3 and QRSS-10 windows centered on 137.700kHz, page refreshes every minute. I'm not sure if this is the most used frequency for fast QRSS so opinions wanted. I hope that this new page will be useful to those operating faster modes.

I do have again to apologise for the QRM you all see sometimes on my LF Grabber, it's not under my control and looks like I/we just have  to live with it for now.

Future plans are to use a dedicated 137kHZ receiver (most probably a modified for LF SoftRock) and to put the HPSDR transceiver back in service for WSPR.

Thanks to all the grabber visitors, I hope you've found it useful. This more than justifies the effort on my side.
Also thanks to Stefan DK7FC and Markus DF6NM for suggestions and assistance.

Wish you all Happy Holidays and a very Happy New Year!

73s
Chris 4X1RF