Re: LF: 8.9719kHz grabber (for G3XIZ tests)

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 8.9719kHz grabber (for G3XIZ tests)
From: Piotr Mlynarski <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 14:12:55 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Roger Lapthorn pisze:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15047843/xbm0001.jpg is running and looking for G3XIZ's test on 8.9719kHz. It updates every few minutes. Grabber is 34km east of Chris.

For some reason I cannot make my Spectrum Lab grabs save to the place it says in my Dropbox folder on the PC (any suggestions what I am doing wrong?) , so I am using Spectran set to QRSS30 instead.
Hi Roger,
Recently, i was playing with Spectrum Lab making it ready for viewing Christmas Eve SAQ transmission via my SDR-IQ receiver. I have also tried to use SL as a source of screen captures for setting up my LF grabber http://www.toya.net.pl/~mlynarski/ (it is under permanent construction :) ) therefore i still remember what options were 'touched' to get SL working the desired way...

The starting point is the main SL window. when opening the "options" menu you will find "Screen capture option" tab. choose it. then, the dialog window "Screen capture,periodic and scheduled actions" is opened and everything is done within that window. its menu contains 5 folders: "periodic actions" ; "scheduled actions" ; "conditional actions" ; "Screen capture" and "Capture macros" Go to "scheduled actions" and "conditional actions" windows just only to make sure that the small boxes named "active" are NOT checked ( should be empty) and leave everything else as it is in those two windows. the third window "capture macros" will not be used. so, now we have two remaining windows: 'screen capture' and 'periodic actions'. From the point of view of the current problem you may not enter the "screen capture" window , however ,being within that window you may change the quality of your jpeg/bmp file , choose what may/may not appear in the small info box etc.. but for now it may be left as it is. The 'crucial' folder is the 'periodic action' window - open it and do the following: check the box named 'active' , choose the time interval between two successive captures (several minutes etc....) below, you have a large area which can be filled with action macros; by default, it should be only one word/macro/ : capture
and *that line must be finished/continued  using this word*

suppose, that you want to have the screen capture go to the file named: dream.jpg /{the file will always be named as dream.jpg i.e. the same name is preserved while its content is updated}/ and you want to put this file on disk C of your PC in the directory , say, /sheep/ :)
you must write the following line:

*capture("c:\sheep\dream.jpg")*

{there is a small ,gray button named 'test' just below this white,interactive area, just click and see if the above line is accepted by the program; 'OK' should appear...}
and that is all!
please, remember that in order to bring any change into action you must clik 'apply' button and give it final 'OK' {it happend few times to me - i just simply forgot to do the obvious i.e. click the button}
well, Roger, i hope the above remarks should be helpful in some way,

Happy New Year to all

Piotr, sq7mpj
qth: Lodz /jo91rs/