Re: LF: VLF G3XIZ - QRT

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VLF G3XIZ - QRT
From: John Bruce McCreath <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 12:57:47 -0500
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Stefan,

You wrote: > Just like Tesla transformers are fed with a primary winding of
some turns, something between 5 and 20 probably.

Take a look on my web site for pictures of my 3 KVA Tesla coil which shows the
primary-secondary coupling:

http://www.hurontel.on.ca/~weazle

Fine tuning is required to get the maximum streamer length and a tap move of
only a few inches can make a HUGE difference.
On my LowFER beacon I couple the final to the bottom of my loading
coil/variometer with three turns wound to sit in the
"valley" that is between the loading coil's winding of #12 THHN wire.  I'm sure
it would work at higher power.

73, J.B., VE3EAR

LowFER Beacon "EAR"
188.830 kHz. QRSS30