Re: LF: WSPR T/A hole discussion

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: WSPR T/A hole discussion
From: "Roelof Bakker" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2010 11:47:03 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hello John,

What I tried to explain is that all the stages in the receiver needs to be linear with the AGC switched off, including the LF stage to cope with weak and strong signals present in the band path. Very few receivers are capable of this task. However, switching off the AGC and using the rf gain to adjust the overall gain to decrease the sensitivity just enough to hear the band noise with the antenna connected, helps a lot.

I will look into the WSPR case and will report back here.

This is interesting stuff anyway.

73,
Roelof, pa0rdt