LF: Re: Re: Decca 5501 500

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Decca 5501 500
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 20:48:46 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Albert
I did not use any of the original PA components, just the driver/PA unit.
I have the option of VFO or Xtal ctl to drive the unit and I calculated the values for the PA coil and Caps. I used an  air wound coil and new caps, also a different ferrite matching transformer to match PA fets to 50 ohms.
My HT supply is 60 Volts and the driver voltage regulated 26Volts. One individuial unit is sufficient on 500 Kcs but multiple units can be used with a suitable ratio of windings for the matching transformer to 50 ohms or whatever Z you require.
 My antenna system and test equipment is designed for 50 ohms.  If you have optimum PA L/C values with suitable ferrite 3C5 matching transformer then power output is similar to the original design figures.
 73 de mal/g3kev