Re: LF: Dreamer's Band first UK tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Dreamer's Band first UK tests
From: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 12:20:58 EDT
Sender: [email protected]
Good luck Roger...

F4DTL Nicolas

Dans un e-mail daté du 28/10/2010 18:16:52 Paris, Madrid (heure d'été), [email protected] a écrit :
All,

As requested in my NoV I have officially asked the Met Office for permission to transmit in the 8.7 - 9.1kHz band next week Tuesday - Friday 0800-1800 GMT. My initial tests will be a repeat of the earth mode tests done at 838Hz earlier in the summer using the same kit (4W, 20m spaced earth electrodes, plus also testing with the 70m sq loop antenna used on 136 and 500kHz. The most likely frequency will be 8.750kHz as I should be able to obtain a stable signal at this frequency by division of an available HF crystal. I will find a means of getting on 8.970kHz later. Modes will be 12wpm CW and QRSS3 initially.

These local tests are not in the same league at all as Stefan's and I'm only expecting a few kms at best. However, it is a start and it allows me to test TX and RX equipment and PC packages.

73s
Roger G3XBM