LF: The seasons are- a-changing

To: <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: The seasons are- a-changing
From: Laurence KL7UK <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 17:27:34 -0800
Sender: [email protected]

Seeing DCF39 into Oklahoma and my dusk in a very noisy environment...its been a while.

Long haul LF still pretty poor up North in Alaska - TIL overnight remained strong but deep QSB at times, but Japanese stations NI and CGM werent that bright last night - John VE7BDQ was in and out which was good to see.

The leaves on the Silver Birch are changing color and "termination dust" (snow) is already on the nearby Talkeetna mountains so is definately getting Autumnal up there (so my wife says...)

Not full correlation but I was seeing and decoding stations from Eu over the Pole from Alaska on HF 30m which I havent for some time - even for LF work this is a good sign...

Weve lost the thunderstorms here in Oklahoma so this evening  I fired a new 6lb fishing line over the tree outside the apartment here and hauled the probe (to 80lb line)  to around 55ft and back in business..the powerlines across the road are very noisy and still "drying out".

Regards

Laurence KL7 UK
http://KL1x.com

=