LF: Re: 137.675kHz QRSS testing

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: 137.675kHz QRSS testing
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 16:24:49 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=AbssVEy+9OH9rjyhYvK5pygaO40ZaqG3w4BGt/yPZTk=; b=MlsIUo1Yv6mmHBywc6Zm+QF0hM/V7mQEnJvdkHpoWkbzjTShMMKK/uwIbkXy7bf6pf fnVV/13n5MfRipuilaGP4PkeAhQe16Vpx4NGdfxhU1LycOClW6FeVvD5zIeHjXhxVcK8 skS7Mg0HOcZV6gKOdiNXuUQnzULf7sK6D+gq0=
Sender: [email protected]
Very many thanks for the screen shots Mike. I assume that the time stamp is the RHS of the Argo screen? If so, I agree the signal disappears at the right time (2.45pm) on the last screenshot sent (not the one attached here).

The message period at 7 mins (actually 9 mins 7 secs between each message sequence starting) corresponds exactly to my "G3XBM JO02dg" in QRSS3 followed by "G3XBM" at 10wpm. Like you, I cannot see any CW characters, just the transmission sequence starting and ending.

So, yes, I believe this is pretty certainly it is my signal you are seeing. Amazing that such low power into a couple of earth rods in the ground can be detected so far away.

Do you have any idea what field strength this signal level corresponds to? Also, how many more dBs do you think I need for you to positively identify the QRSS3 signal?

Will let you know when I have more ERP as I'd like to repeat the test then.  Thank you so much!

73s
Roger G3XBM