Re: LF: A question about loops for 136 and 500kHz TX

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: A question about loops for 136 and 500kHz TX
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 16:53:07 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=cEwLmk7YjytW8dY5zfTD53Vn8bQNIjWA7WbyT3NCWyo=; b=Q/Zhnu9mGNtyiCVGfR0MG/KeKT3N11w87usr7cvoqjCHEpJ/FV2iVPjWzBTdbkWxO9 wdVUaCLMG/wN1IfoB9Uljqj/PSVkPvYicwQluv/3XDOlx/cxnb2D7TacKsCa/2ZS1FiC 9IFid4xgSWiWK72diAXT3NiNS4KGlh7owEWWw=
Sender: [email protected]
Wow - not bad feed back in a few minutes! Thanks everyone for chipping in with ideas and links.

I guess my question was prompted by the results recently with the earth electrode antenna with the ground actually forming part of a loop antenna. The logical extension was to elevate the loop but leave the bottom running along the ground (in a wire rather than relying on the soil for the return path with its resistive losses).

If I may précis the responses here, you all consider this is not a good idea and recommend elevating the lower section a few metres. I can do this, running the lower wire along the top of the wooden garden fence (OK?) .

73s
Roger G3XBM