LF: VLF GRABBER

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: VLF GRABBER
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 16:18:56 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
VLF GRP

Is there anyone in a position to redirect their LF/MF grabber for VLF eg 8.97 Kcs
This band seems to be attracting some interest at present.
I have resonated my 137 Kcs antenna system for 8.97 Kcs. The loading coil needed was around 145 mH,  I hope to reduce this in the future by adding more top loading wires.
I can supply about 5W to the antenna, but the ERP at this level would be extremely low, and probably not radiate vy far. I am looking for a suitable amp for future experiments when a permit is available.
Are there many amateurs equipped to RX on VLF?
Resonating my antenna system made a tremendous improvement to received signals compared to the inv L's at at their natural frequency.

73 de mal/g3kev