LF: RE: Re: RE: QRG/TIME

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: Re: RE: QRG/TIME
From: "James Cowburn" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 21:57:46 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Mal

All the initial LF challenges have been done.  Where’s the thrill in T/A on 137 and 500?  This has been done by yourself and other early pioneers and well documented and congrats to those that did.  So now people are trying new challenges and techniques.   I’m sure if M0BMU, G3XIZ and others decided to fire up their systems they could rattle the windows in New England once more but people move onto new challenges, frequencies, modes etc.

As it is, both 137 and 500 are alive and kicking down here in Beds with regular CW net skeds across Biggleswade and still quite a bit of activity on WSPR

For me DX is about Difficulty indeX  as well as long distance and the challenge to be heard with a low profile earth loop antenna on 9khz is as much a test as T/A on 137 was, with neither devaluing the achievements of the other (in my very humble opinion)

I’m sure there will be many opinions on this but then that’s amateur radio for you!

With best regards

Jim

Dr. James Cowburn

E [email protected]

The information transmitted is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you must not read this message.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  Consequently, this email is not intended to be contractually binding.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender, return the message as well as its attachments and delete the whole from any computer.