Re: VLF: Changes in MSK usage

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: Changes in MSK usage
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 12:49:25 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Nice said Markus! I also hope so...

Is it possible that they are making a longer break for repairing the system? Summer time may be best for that since the achievable communication distances are surely decreasing for the military stations as well!? As we know, DHO was OFF for abt 2 weeks as well...

And TNX for the nice work you described in your last mail! We will see how things change when i come up with a 600m spaced earth antenna. This could be this evening! :-)

What do you think about the opinion of David Gibson? Are we totally wrong when assuming a earth antenna behaves (almost) like a loop antenna?
Clear is that the current has to come back to the other electrode and so there must be an area between the wire and the ground. And clear is that there is a skin depth that is a function of the frequency. So the antenna must partly act as a loop.
If the resistance between the electrodes is 0, than it is a loop, if it is infinity (DC measurement) it may be like a (short) dipole close to ground.
What is the problem for the theoretics just to simulate that antenna? I suppose it is not really possible with EZNEC but there are more complex programs...
Never mind. Theoretic assumptions can be wrong (e.g. assuming wrong parameters such as the conductivity and epsilon r of the different soil layers) but a practical experiment gives REAL results, thats my theory ;-) Almost all of us are spending too much time in front of a PC or TV. Thus, practical experiments are not only a benefit for the tecnical world but first of all for the own HEALTH and creativity :-)

Best 73, Stefan/DK7FC