VLF: Daily QRN change between 8,97 and 6,34

To: [email protected]
Subject: VLF: Daily QRN change between 8,97 and 6,34
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 12:58:59 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
VLF,

Almost every day i see that the difference between maximum and minimum of the QRN on 6,34 kHz is about 20 dB while it is just about 10 dB on 8,97 kHz.
Has anyone experiance if this is an advantage or disadvantage? Maybe Peter/DF3LP?

Below there is the message of Piotr/SQ7MPJ, who calculated, that the range of 6 kHz is more suitable than 9 kHz. This calculation is for UK. I hope it is valid generally(?)

Yesterday i rolled out the 200m braid and prepared a suitable 200m wire (telephone drop wire; copper+steel). The wire plus the braid has a weight of about 3 kg. So i hope the kite will be strong enough. The braid has a capability of 260 kg but this is not too much. It seems to be much more effort to arrange all that but it will be done.

73, Stefan *meltinginthesun@37°C*

PS: Piotr, do you have time and motivation to calculate further detailed propagation curves for 6,34? :-)

-------- Original-Nachricht --------