Re: LF: David Gibson on Earth antennas and propagation below 9 kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: David Gibson on Earth antennas and propagation below 9 kHz
From: John Rabson <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 18:27:27 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
I envisage a dipole about 30 m long and about six or 8 m above the ground, this
being what I can conveniently fit behind the shack. I intend to measure the R
and X series components at a range of frequencies down (I hope) to 100 kHz. The
feeder will probably be 10 or 20 m of open wire line.

The next stage will be to try a folded dipole with and without an open circuit
opposite the feed point. In the light of the results I may try various
impedances in place of the open/structural circuit.

All this will be a follow on from my principle experiment, which is to measure
the effect of running my LF end fed antenna directly away from the house
instead of parallel to it. I hope this will give a marked reduction in
environmental loss.

73
John F5VLF