Re: LF: for all the Dreamers out there:

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: for all the Dreamers out there:
From: Steve Dove <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 02:01:32 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

Those are serious amplifiers. A certain Big PA Company I used to work for used those on sublows (each one drove four cabinets of 4 * 18" drivers). There was a 10kW version, too.

I have two of the 'smaller' versions (7570) - a paltry kilowatt apiece - which drive the bottom end on a small rental PA. They 'fell off the back' of old MRI machines and were about to be skipped! Stunningly heavy, which is why most big amps nowadays are switchers.

A really interesting feature is the selectable voltage-to-current capability, which allows some serious games to be played around speaker resonances, although I'm sure that wasn't the intention.

It's worth remembering that the parent company, Crown, basically invented big-time rock'n'roll PA systems with their classic DC-300 back in the late sixties. Its all their fault.

        73

               Steve

Martin Evans wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2x-TECHRON-7790-5Kw-audio-amps-MRI-MI-NMR-CROWN-AMCRON-/220629655074?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Consumer_Professional_RL&hash=item335e8d5e22

or, if that doesn't copy properly, search eBay UK for item number 220629655074

Martin   GW3UCJ.