Re: LF: RE: Re: RE: Re: QRP

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: Re: RE: Re: QRP
From: John Rabson <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 18:12:11 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
On 1 Jun 2010, at 17:20CEST, Reeves Paul wrote:

What are these cryptic designations? Oh, yes - some sort of foreign vehicles. What about doing the job properly and using a Land Rover? Actually can go off road and if you have a Range Rover will also outperform quite a few so-called sports cars. And I can't quite imagine putting a pump-up mast through the roof of a Shogun  like I have on my Discovery. /P HF QRP operation from the Italian Alps at 9000ft this summer......   and all solar powered. Might even try QRP 136KHz too - lots of room for a long wire up there (and room in the Disco for the loading coil - but just how do I explain it to curious customs officers?).

Shrink your gear and use a Reliant Robin.  The customs people (if they are like the ones at Calais) will be too preoccupied trying to find the fourth wheel.

73
John F5VLF
=