LF: Earth electrode (stealth antenna!) 500kHz WSPR overnight

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Earth electrode (stealth antenna!) 500kHz WSPR overnight
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 23:20:11 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=g/LSBek5IfUu4wOsJQ5iwiCychRwrn6Qh1C0oVnK194=; b=aAy6ubZBPm2ge/iiLPKwVUa74AW/vx8xVSXa+AsiP5zFh8NY0xusbza+bBFCWZSR57 pQ+JWgezz2y9d9f9VO+zJgcTfuRMCFqlaYEFmForuHmqieymoZsLbwhGumhVe26shJma N25hSkF5mon+jhcNBInGm72B+1o5yP7JuMAaM=
Sender: [email protected]
OK, I've just moved my QRPp WSPR beacon down about 30Hz (it was slowly drifting up towards the band edge) and will leave it running for a couple of hours into the night. Any reports would be very much appreciated, especially from Rik!

All the stations who have copied me so far in the last 24hrs are roughly in the plane of the earth electrode loop which runs WSW-ENE, whereas Rik would be more or less orthogonal to it. I am not sure if anyone else is looking for me from other directions.

After tonight I'm unlikely to be doing further WSPR beaconing on 500kHz for a while, but these last 24 hours have been extremely surprising and interesting, proving that the it is worth trying the impossible from time to time.

73s
Roger G3XBM

--
http://g3xbm-qrp.blogspot.com/