LF: vertical antenna calculation tool

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: vertical antenna calculation tool
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 11:49:44 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
LF, VLF,

Once i have created an Excel sheet for calculating my vertical kite antenna on 137 kHz. Today i want to share it with you. It is in german language but usable for everyone anyway i think. It calculates all important parameters of a vertical antenna and shows the resonance curve.

I am NO expert in writing excel sheets and it can surely be done much more impressive and pretty in Java or so, but it just works and shows me what happens to the system, if i change one parameter.

In the yellow fields above, you can type the given parameters like TX power, antenna height, losses and so. In the lower fields, the needed L for resonance, antenna efficiency, EMRP, ERP, Lambda, wire voltage and so on is calculated. Additionally you can see the resonance curve of the antenna...

If you want you can use or modify it, or throw it away ;-)

73, Stefan/DK7FC