Re: LF: Re: 137.500 kHz ROS beacon

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 137.500 kHz ROS beacon
From: Gary - G4WGT <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 16:31:36 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:sender:received :in-reply-to:references:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=VKMoTSithojBJqk99gcBJjF/36rlUnlrhwJ5jpl3lKk=; b=jSxFoD4lasQgzSZv6wbm0drJ6TiokHcpxDCDpUZpFd64ae2+gkAA+bse9DThVIGWpU 5crxYWEAo5qDnJr3gt/E1G+0qNxpDPvMNBGhUTai7yWkMlQqMvlOYfCCrrYpZyg7gLqT fRUmwZdB3l4GcVk/QdKNfS5Gvho2qcUqzQ5nI=
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Mal,

Thank you for your report & comments. The mail you replied to gives all the details of equipment in use for the test beacon.

I would like to be able to have a QSO using morse but I have to admit to a complete loss of confidence as I have not used the mode for 25 years which was one year after I passed the test in 1984. Looking back, letting it go was a silly thing to do.

I do enjoy testing out these "weak signal" modes & in the report I received from Michel F5WK last night he wrote that he could not hear the signal or even see it on SpecLab but he got a complete decode. So as a weak signal communication mode it works.

Just to elaborate on the antenna, it is a 12 metre base loaded vertical with a small elevated inductor of 500uH at about 9 metres & a 1 x 3 metre capacity top with a 120uH spiral inductor. In my small garden I have no space to go outwards only upwards.

73,

Gary - G4WGT.