Re: LF: LA BEACON

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: LA BEACON
From: John P-G <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 22:25:03 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On Sat, 15 May 2010 19:59:30 +0100
"mal hamilton" <[email protected]> wrote:

> The LA beacon is audible at present with me but I have already worked
> 2 LA stns so am wondering why another beacon is necessary.

Mainly because the world doesn't revolve around what you may or may not
have worked.

Someone in LA-land is interested in propagation from his station and
he's set up a way of investigating it. Perhaps, unbelievably, he's
interested in reports from places other than Scarborough?

The beacon is outside the UK allocation so you can't even complain about
the beacon wasting you precious bandwidth.

He cares nothing that you've worked 2 LAs, and neither do the rest of
us.

LA1ASK/B has been Q5 throughout the day here, not overly strong by
consistent. There's not much darkness now at this latitude, so I doubt
there'll be much change over the full 24 hours.

John