LF: 9 antennas

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 9 antennas
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 19:52:58 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
LF/MF
Not much response regarding antenna development on 9 kHz apart from active probes and small loops.
My approach is a proper resonant antenna,  verticals, long wires etc and resonant on the freq of interest, giving more sensitivity and a sharp response, keeping out qrm from adjacent frequencies.
I am referring to RX antennas at this stage.
If qrm is as bad as some say around 9 kHz then small loops and active probes will only amplify the noise as well as signal, whereas a natural resonant antenna will eliminate a lot of noise from adjacent frequencies and peak the signal at the frequency of interest as stated above.
de mal/g3kev