VLF: Activity; website for current lightning situation

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: VLF: Activity; website for current lightning situation
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 15:44:07 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Dear LF/VLF,

Currently, there are many lightnings in germany. Here near Frankfurt it is
overcast, still dry and no thunder to hear but the clouds look dangerous. Thus
i will do no VLF TX tests this weekend (wind is unstable as well).

At http://www.blids.de/ you can find a map with the actual lightning situation.
It is for DL but also for G/GW/GM/GI, PA, ON, LX, HB9, OK, EI. Taking a look
could be useful for those who are planning to do some experiments with kites
and a long vertical wire! I know there much more stations experimenting with
that than you think! ;-)

Sorry for my low activity in the last weeks. I will do my best to come up again
soon!

Paul (Nicholson), what do you think about the average QRN increase in the last
weeks? In my 2nd and 3rd there was a given QRN background. How many dBs has it
increased now? What do you estimate? Does it still make sense to do further VLF
DX experiments or would it be better to wait until October or so?
In any way i will do further tests next, even with strong QRN,just to check the
new PA and to produce a first signal on my grabber out of the far field ;-)

Best 73, Stefan/DK7FC

<<winmail.dat>>