LF: VE7TIL/B on again tonight...

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: VE7TIL/B on again tonight...
From: Scott Tilley <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 00:56:37 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

Hi All

Thanks to Laurence KL1X, Mark KU7Z and Jack VE7JX for their reports of last nights activity. Seems I'm getting out well within NA.

I was running with 400W and even with high wind and rain the beacon plugged away... No reports from JA YET...

Tonight I plan on dusting off the MOALFA (you remember the big TX we used for the VA7LF/ZM2E tests). She has two settings stun and kill. Tonight I will run her in 'stun' mode at ~1KW.
0300-1300UTC, QRSS120, 1KW, 137778.0Hz (GPS disciplined)

If things go well at 1kw I may increase power for the window with Japan to 2KW.

The purpose of the test is to ensure the antenna and system components can take the high power for long durations (extended QRSS QSO) and of course to test prop...

73 Scott
VE7TIL
http://www3.telus.net/sthed/argo/