Re: LF: VLF propagation (continued..)

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VLF propagation (continued..)
From: Piotr Młynarski <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 15:32:47 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Paul Nicholson wrote:

               I'd like to see a plot of signal strength
against distance for 70km ionosphere and see how it compares
with the simple model in

 http://abelian.org/vlf/9k

Too bad we are stuck with their silly polynomial fit for
attenuation.

Hello Paul,  LF Group

Sure,  i will  do it pretty soon. ( with  h = 70 km)
as for the attenuation values... indeed, 12th degree fit.. have seen SUCH for the first time.. i am still in the course of finding the values of alpha for the specified freq. for Stefan's 8.97 kHz it is around 2 and even slighty greater ( the paper by Barr, Jones, Rodgers "elf and vlf radio waves') while the fit yields 1.86 (and used in my calc)
will do further work on it...
yours, Piotr, sq7mpj
qth: Lodz /jo91rs/