Re: LF: Re: AW: 9kHz loop/preamp for soundcard receiver

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: AW: 9kHz loop/preamp for soundcard receiver
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 15:42:38 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Dear Jim, group,

OK so far. And what do you think will be the most suitable TX antenna type? The standard marconi as i will try it, with all its disadvantages (high coil and earth losses, high voltages, high height needed...) or a earth pole antenna that should (theoretically) form something like a loop antenna? I am not very positive with these earth pole antennas, if we want to reach more than 0,1...5km. If >100km is the goal, then i expect the standard monopole antenna will be the best choice. A TX loop antenna, out of a copper tube (say a tube >10mm diameter with 1mm thickness) might be an interesting alternative since the skin effect is not such a problem. But one can almost forget the radation resistance, clear. It will be problematic but this is the challenge :-)

Someone of the group could start to check what is available with those earth antennas. Not checking the web for literature, no transmission of broad band audio signals but i mean rather trying narrow band modes with an optimised antenna for one QRG. Those who have the place to reach a distance of say >2km wire (hidden) and use a thick cable may reach more since the "loop area" increases exponentially with the wire length. It would be interesting if an improvement of the efficiency can be reached when placing coils at both ends and so on. A quite interesting alternative field...

73, DK7FC