LF: MF-Antennas taken down in Austria

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: MF-Antennas taken down in Austria
From: Gerhard Hickl <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 22:28:20 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello group!

I know, it's a little bit "off topic" but if anyone is interested:

Today two big MF-Antennas (585kc and 1674kc) located very closely to
Vienna had been taken down. The smaller tower was 120m high and the
other about 265m. The latter was the highest man-made object in Austria
until today 14:00z. The power of the transmitters was up to 600kW.

I don't know about other countries but at least in Austria MF is "dead"
since several years. If you talk to younger people, they hardly know
what you mean by "MF".

The site name of the two antennas is "Bisamberg" or maybe "Vienna,
Bisamberg" and if someone is interested, please search on the web.

There are a lot of infos and even the video of destroying the antennas
by explosions today.

I don't appreciate this senseless act of destruction and in my opinion
in was a wrong decision by the responsible people. But, as always,
nobody asked me.

Cheers and 73

OE3GHB

Gerhard