LF: LF/MF into space???

To: 137khz <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: LF/MF into space???
From: Piotr Młynarski <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 19:09:23 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Dear  LF group,
I know, it is rather outside of a regular LF/MF issues, however i thought it would be interesting to some readers...
Recently,  i got an info about Tubesat Satellite Kit:
http://interorbital.com/TubeSat_1.htm
{ please, read also the pdf file for more details, especially about hardware and software already included in this Kit } Ok, due to its price ( 8.000 US$) - for me, it is simply a sort of "entertainment" being amateur radio related, however, i can imagine a construction of uplink/downlink setup onboard a satellite including miniwhip antenna for RX'ing of LF/MF signals and sending them back to earth on 70 cm band ( one could chase his/her own signal playing with Doppler etc.. or simply make a qso...)
Of course, the above price covers   rocket launch .

                                 73 de Piotr, sq7mpj
qth:  Lodz/jo91rs/
p.s. i just thought i could throw-in a 'penny' , say, 100 $ so adding other 79 members ( i mean , their penny) of this group and we may have our "LF/MF toy" in space :)