Re: LF: summer activity?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: summer activity?
From: ALAN MELIA <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 23:40:09 +0000 (GMT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=s1024; t=1263166809; bh=cP6KhoZKiyhkxj1eVJJxtcvri/GbdfFl858920eGvMc=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=fDixg2rWJgjHTrnYOFm/khpEa0jyUIWdAX08mwOBFESOIUwTo351oNIx97XWOundUtQ3zOKvpuRJq5yYTip9G2x/B54TSxAZme2ttXmNvAuOV9EpfggUBHXF/0SUHyMScxiiUBFL5ZWC1sMSVoX+7MmQBERa4+3JHFOyVDDVao8=
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stephan lighning crash qrm can be very tiring for audible work in summer,
though there ARE quieter days. Daytime DX signals are slightly better in summer
due to improved daytime skywave. The seasons dont really have that great an
effect. I have on one occasion copied VO1NA in daytime in summer and often at
good strenth in night-time (QRSS) What will now have a greater effect is the
geomagnetic activity levels as the we start to move slowly up the next cycle.
Of course the big killler is that the all-darkness path is for a much shorter
period for most DX paths, so you dont get a second chance like in winter.

Alan G3NYK