RE: LF: 500KHz-WSPR-QRSS3

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: 500KHz-WSPR-QRSS3
From: "g3zjo" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 18:59:13 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Dave

I can’t remember if it has an official term, 3 second Dots, 3 second Dashes. Dashes above a centre line, Dots below, Space on the centre line.

In a way the 9 seconds for a Dash in QRSS3 is wasteful, particularly since it can break up and appear to be 2 Dots.

Likewise the inter unit space is wasteful, this lead to Castle Morse which climbs in frequency for each Dash and descends for each Dot. This in turn is wasteful of bandwidth and difficult to read.  Which lead me to develop Step Morse which steps up and down above the centre line for a Dash and below the line for a Dot.

As far as I know this has been very little used, however, blow me the Bloodhound read it allJ

Eddie