LF: Fwd: 500kHz JT4A

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Fwd: 500kHz JT4A
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 13:47:06 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=0U0piFyaPRCYxJoRKNdUc/mV2BUrCEFZSiTqvJP7IkU=; b=rr56b697Sn3SPIGok2KreqkQ4Z4efHKV2+M7kIQLHX5blZ09E/9FcIrU85QmyUB6oC d7mHk7NRQEYKJgOeo8XU05QrVybuzgLPp0xOZq/eoekEemZtKhzXsXFz7iud7hpI7rwY QEJL0AwDx2vINEm1DgxRgIMoWdymPKM0JlaFo=
Sender: [email protected]

Dear Andy,

I tried to send this to the LF reflector, but I am away from home at the moment, and it does not seem to want to accept mail from me - perhaps you could forward it...

Dear Rik, Andy,

I have been using a push-pull class D PA in my "EER transverter" for various FSK (and linear) modes over the last year or so. To get a symmetrical square-wave drive from the low-level (basically sinusoidal) 500k input, the input signal is squared up by a limiting amplifier, to a TTL level, then drive to one gate is simply inverted. To get a 50/50 square wave drive, it is important that the limiter has symmetrical limiting thresholds - the circuit I used can be seen in the EER Transverter v3 article on the UK_500kHz group files download page at http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk500khz/files. It is also important that the input to the limiter has a symmetrical waveform - but this is easily achieved by simple band-pass filtering, a single tuned circuit with a loaded Q of, say, 5 will produce a nice sine wave from a fairly horrible input waveform.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU