LF: GM4ISM WSPR Tests

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: GM4ISM WSPR Tests
From: "Mark" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 16:01:17 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi All,
Firstly apoligies for a few WSPR spots that will have apperad on the database, spotting my own test transmissions, I forgot to switch off  spot uploading while I was testing.
It is the last stage of the transverter project, that will finally give me all mode capability on 500KHz.  Power amps are ready and I will be able to run about 50W RF, just shy of 1W ERP

An alternative antenna is being investigated to provide a more sustainable system for longer term tests, as the main station antenna has to be lowered in high winds, it is an unguyed pump up mast with a 70MHz yagi on it.

In the meantime the grabber here still functions on the ferrite rod antenna and I have had a couple of decodes (-27dB) from WD2XSH/17, but as these were both the second half of the pair, the hash coded call did not display and thus the spots did not upload again.

Wishing all a Happy New Year
Mark GM4ISM