Re: LF: Proper morse

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Proper morse
From: John P-G <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 22:20:33 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

mal hamilton wrote:

Could the said person be a WSPR PIRATE ?

Well, my NoV is actually for A1A Telegraphy, and I've never radiated anything other than that mode. I have NEVER transmitted WSPR on 500kHz, so I guess I couldn't be considered a WSPR PIRATE. You must be thinking of someone else?

This doesn't mean I'm not happy to help others in their studies of alternative modes.

Anyone who decries "beacon modes" and "appliance operation" - and who claims to only use "QSO mode" - really should restrict themselves to hand sent CW using real "proper" CW, don't you think?

Once such a person has been seen and heard to use an "appliance" to generate their CW and QRSS signals (we've ALL heard the interminable CQ calls... obviously not hand generated, and sent with no intention to listen for replies), in the hope of being received on a distant grabber, with no hope of a 2-way QSO, then I believe they forfeit any moral authority to lecture the rest of us as to how we should conduct our experimental activities.