Re: LF: IRF510 500kHz PA stability issues - advice please

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: IRF510 500kHz PA stability issues - advice please
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 20:27:20 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=R2oCmk+rRylONApOIWqDspiHvqOfnQVo+MUt2ynKJjY=; b=Ws63yTpeoN20otuYsmFGsh++Pj6Wh0+JXBxjdj93aah3OxQLIcPZVcLNLYb/C8/iaw wKE34zFZS5LESbTRljz9EJQnke+FqSIdQt48JquL6M7uRzExFEzBUR33sE4oUKda5tMj WRdKqcZMZJhYYN9lPd+OYOKoVoCbPMYODqq2c=
Sender: [email protected]
Andy,

Thanks for the quick feedback. The 500kHz antenna is a 5m long vertical with a spiral top hat. It is fed via a (thickish) ferrite rod wound with the required inductance to resonate and this is tapped at the 50 ohm point (very low down - just a couple of turns). Well that is the general idea!

Yes the IRF510 is rated at 100V.

73s
Roger