RE: LF: Re: G7NKS sidebands

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: Re: G7NKS sidebands
From: M0FMT <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 02:26:03 -0800 (PST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s1024; t=1258539963; bh=h9KIKuoznmFtkbQjZ49E6fM4mxhOdLX2WcMXIszqZEM=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=RoIh5HrI8B6iz+ThnGHbX5mbpq5j8CWfO1FdBUzWyOAipMukLYtlMbS1L+CbPiYcMarR54kqoegKQBqQqn3pfmGmDi/uD+kej9ZogAq3/L63O2jfF7OjpdXQOWuLfJu2hAzMkvmUFNiIRVU6Gj+4pd4QG/1VbucCx7KDUqwQMqg=
Sender: [email protected]
OK Jim and LF

Yes when you reduced power from 45w? down to 7w the side bands assuming they were still there but at the same relative level may possibly be unreadable by me. 45/7=6.4 times reduction 8dB power drop which I think represents -16dB RX strength add that to the say -30dB SB at 45 watts resulting in, if I have understood this correctly, -46dB side band which is probably below threashold of the Software and I would not see it.
I am sure if it was just the fact you had HUM that would not neccessarily result in IMD there has to be some non linearity for modulation to occur. The hot PA has to be a clue.

As far as your signal at this QTH goes Jim it is not an issue here I am not bothered by your two sidebands at all as you say three for the price of one ...hee hee. However I cannot think of a simple way to stop me reporting them to the Database other than me closing down.... which may be the solution  ... only joking.

73 es GL petefmt