Re: LF: Class E pa

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Class E pa
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 15:23:23 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Tony,

I'm still using a Derivative of the Design from G3YXM's class E 1KW TX on LF

If you refer to the TX in http://www.wireless.org.uk/136rig.htm : this is a class D TX, not class E.
I am also using a "G3XYM clone" on 500kHz (with a pair of IRFP350's). Running on 44V / 7 A it delivers just over 250W, about 82% efficiency. It seems very forgiving to mismatch, no FET failures so far (fingers crossed). But for testing purposes (antenna tuning) I run it on 13.6V (abt. 25W output) where it can handle any mismatch.

73, Rik ON7YD