LF: 500 kHz

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 500 kHz
From: niels rudberg jørgensen <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 20:27:44 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello LF group!
Back on the band after a pause I last evening made a short
cw call on 500 kHz resulting in a solid-copy qso with
Mal, G3KEV. Several reports appeared on the reflector and
I do appreciate the swift responses. Thank you all.
My tx is now running about 550 Watts resulting in an
antenna current of 6.4 Amps which brings the resistive
component of my antenna impedance astonishing close to
the figure of 3.5 Ohm which I remember was a requirement
in the old days when I worked with the design of marine
radio equipment! As far as ERP is regarded I reckon I am
fairly close to the power limit of 13 dBW I was granted.
Trying to be active in the evenings after 19 UTC for cw-contacts.
Sorry at the present not to be able to make cross-band qsos as
I have got one transmitting antenna only. However looking
for a solution.
73
OZ8NJ  Niels+