LF: G3XBM's 500kHz ERP around 1mW

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: G3XBM's 500kHz ERP around 1mW
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 23:05:51 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Doing my sums, I've calculated my ERP now to be somewhere around 1mW.

This is based on an antenna current of around 100mA and an effective height of around 5m. Certainly comparing reports being given by stations at similar distances to me would suggest this is not far off. The recent PA change increased the ERP by 10dB and the antenna matching may have added a little more.

Certainly judging by WSPR reports I am now getting, the higher ERP is expanding my "range of influence" quite significantly on 500kHz with reports now from 12 different stations in 4 countries so far. All this is still without ANY change to my antenna, which remains the 6m long feeder to my 28MHz halo with coax inner/outer strapped and the halo "up top" as a top capacity hat.

This continues to be such fun.

73s
Roger G3XBM

http://g3xbm-qrp.blogspot.com/