Re: LF: bandploan

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: bandploan
From: "John RABSON" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 20:09:46 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
On 21/09/2009 at 18:23 mal hamilton wrote:

>WSPR is a minority interest ...

Since when we have had to follow the majority?  I remember when most phone was
on AM.  SSB users were very much in the minority and received comments
equivalent to those we get from Mal.

The same applied at one time to NBFM on VHF/UHF.  Anyway, in amateur radio as a
whole, CW operators are probably in the minority (puts hard hat on and dives
under the table).

>The majority of operators on 500 are CW OPERATORS and should not let the TAIL
>WAG THE DOG.

But for those who are fortunate enough to have the band, there is room enough
for several modes on 500.  It is not intended to be "just another ham band" but
is for carrying out innovative investigations.  _You_ are not obliged to use
WSPR, but should not denigrate those who do.

>160 metres ...  where the bandwidth approx 200 Kcs wide.

Not in France it isn't.  We have 1810 to 1850kHz on Topband.

John F5VLF