Re: LF: 'JNT Beacon off

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: 'JNT Beacon off
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 17:48:18 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Andy,

Yes that would be a good  idea as it  would increase the  number of  monitor stations , and as your system is  software defined you  could simply  qso  inside the  '502.4' wspr window ... as the  wspr  system perhaps more 'sensitive' you  could reduce power by say  10dB over the  120 second  tx period to save 'your' system ?

I think there still may be an  issue with the wspr  frequency interims of operations outside Europe on higher channels which is a pity as it reduces the  opportunities to monitor , with the 504  carrier presenting  quite a strong signal, it's  perhaps not  desirable to  have it in the wspr pass band as it may (is) cause false decodes , especially when 'modulation' is  present,

Thank you  for  running the  beacon over the  year and Gary  for  setting up a perm ant monitoring station with the  results displayed on his web page, the  saved text data files will be available shortly,   linked to the  beacon page on the uk500khz group and may be  plotted on line.

Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2009 1:58 PM
Subject: LF: 'JNT Beacon off

From tomorrow (Monday 2009/09/07) my beacon on 503.7kHz will be off for a few days pending various odd jobs around here.   Hopefully it should be back again next weekend.

As we approach the winter months, would it be worth modifying to add a WSPR transmission as well?   I don't want to stop the 15 minute timed signal on 503.7 for auto logging, but it wouldn't be too difficult to add a WSPR transmission between those, on a different frequency somewhere in the 503.8 to 504.0 range.

Andy
www.g4jnt.com

this email has been scanned for political correctness by the nanny state