Re: LF: Wolf Config Settings

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Wolf Config Settings
From: John Andrews <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 21:57:36 -0400
Sender: [email protected]

J.B.,

For work at 500 kHz, I'd be tempted to go no longer than 16 frames. I'm beginning to think that the fast fades and poorer phase stability hurt the build-up of copy. While you may get your first clear copy on the 31st line, I'll bet that you would have gotten it quicker by flushing things out earlier.

That said, 8 lines appears to be too short for any reasonable copy of M0BMU here. I used 12 earlier in the week with decent results, and have gone back to it.

John, W1TAG

J. B. Weazle McCreath wrote:
Hello LFers,

What are most of you fellows setting your Nr of frames value at
in the Wolf Config screen?  How important is this setting as to
its effect on decodes?  Thanks in advance for any/all replies.

73, J.B., VE3EAR - VE3WZL
Solar and wind powered
Lowfer " EAR"  188.830
EN93dr