LF: WOLF

To: "RSGB LF Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: WOLF
From: "Chris" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 16:52:16 +0100
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=LsfDKkOQvsdoWOIgruE5x4xmGlG+xd9VLLQAVHRqdo7kGhAGUu74wwEDKxkdrlVt3l+STnf7PggjTV1bKdb7c+XXTnPyo93HXjXiCIW+uhhDj1ytL1kEC6YuMb1REcIaKQp6f8o38Z/lrYPyGSmu4F7R7+K9MnZXRpnjlGg5ecg= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi All,
I don't understand some of these comments about critical set up, frequency etc. I just downloaded the program, connected to the RX and it worked. Could it be because Jim is extremely strong here? I can tune +/- 200Hz off and it still decodes. I haven't worked out if/how it 'locks' to the signal. Maybe it would not be possible to receive a nearby weaker signal??
I find some of the documentation a bit daunting, has anybody written a simple explanation of how to set the system up properly?
Not sure how useful it would be in reality for a QSO, inclined to think CW would be the best bet. Seems very limited as is.
Vy 73, Chris, G4AYT, Whitstable, Kent, JO01MI.