Re: LF: Decode

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Decode
From: [email protected]
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 22:14:11 -0230 (NDT)
Sender: [email protected]

Dear Laurence, LF group,

This is amazing.  Well done Laurence!

73
Joe VO1NA

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009, Laurence BY3A-KL1X China wrote:

Gus, LF - GE

One successful decode from the "B" SDR IQ receiver and  Dell 630

2050  -29  0.9  0.503925  0  SMBHZ JO57 40  (reported as BY3X)

Im definately getting better decodes on the SDR/D630 than the R75/Dell 610.
Whether this is a result of the  A>D loss which the R75 analogue incurs  coming
down to audio etc - or a true receiver artifact remains to be seen, but its the
same on HF as well - Ill swop them over, or parts of the system and will try to
see where the improvement is.

Now I know absolutely know that for my listening pleasure the R75 knocks spots
on sensitivity and other filtering/AGC/NB over the SDR IQ  -  but in a highly
processed, right on the edge -29/-30 world, heavy noise environment with plenty
of RF perhaps the pure D to D SDR makes that little difference.  Or it could
really be the processing power and divisors between the two computers....lots
of variables here so Im still not sure.

Its was really noisy and surprised to get anything -there is a large Typhoon
between Hainan Island and Hong Kong which appears to be the largest noise maker.

Cheers

Laurence in BY3A

just dawn now in  E China.

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222984/direct/01/