Re: LF: psu

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: psu
From: Peter Dodd <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 21:05:09 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Johan,
What an interesting solution.
British airborne radars used 80VAC at 2000Hz to reduce the size and weight of the PSU components, quite a consideration in systems like H2S.

Peter, G3LDO

since you mentioned 400Hz (I meant cycles per second of course,
sorry...) I assume that your are about to bring some wartime airborne
equipment back to life.

If efficiency is not at highest priority, take an audio amplifier,
capable of delivering >15W with a good margin, feed  a 400Hz sine wave
into its input and connect a 230V => some_low_voltage transformer
"backwards" to the amplifier's output. Adjust the volume control to get
115V at the xfmr's output.

73
Johan SM6LKM

mal hamilton wrote:
Need a psu that gives 115v - 15w output at 400 cps. Input could be
anything ie mains ac or dc.
If nothing is available I have a plan to divide a 4Mhz xtal down to 400
cps then amplify/step up to give 115v/15w
73 de mal/g3kev