LF: 500khz - bandpass loop

To: "LF -RSGB LF Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 500khz - bandpass loop
From: "Gary - G4WGT" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:21:24 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hi LF,

I have recently completed the LF-MF band pass loop described by Jim M0BMU.

I have it about 12 inches above ground orientated east/west & a short ground spike which has reduced the local noise.

For a short time I am using this loop connected to the grabber receivers & as you will see it appears to perform quite well. It probably will not be as omni-directional as the Mini-Whip so as a further experiment I will rotate it to north/south direction tomorrow night & observe the difference.

The article can be found on the UK500KHZ group files page at :-

http://groups.google.com/group/uk500khz

73,

Gary - G4WGT - IO83QO.

I use BullGuard Spamfilter to keep my inbox clean.
It is completely free: www.bullguard.com/freespamfilter