Re: LF: Re Welbrook Loops

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re Welbrook Loops
From: tim hague <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 08:14:51 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

James Moritz wrote:
Dear Tim, LF Group,

I tried some expeiments with measuring loop antennas at LF and MF a while back - changing the height above ground from 0 - 10m made virtually no difference. The only thing that made a lot of difference to signal levels is if the loop is very close to big metal objects, but even then the difference is only minor unless the metal thing is big compared to the loop, and within a loop diameter, say.

I would agree with G3YXM about overloading - if you have an oscilloscope, it is worth connecting it to the loop output to see if any huge signals are present. I have used elliptic low pass filters here to reduce the signal level from the local medium wave broadcast stations to a reasonable level.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU

----- Original Message ----- From: "Trevor Smithers" <[email protected]>