Re: LF: Aerial current

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Aerial current
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 19:30:30 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Richard .

This bit may of been missed

//////   Any ideas?
////// Incidentally, am I best to measure current in the link or in the aerail
//////   wire?

The ammeter 'has' to be at the point of feed to the Ae and 'not' within the ATU ie in a link .. the circulating currents within the tuner may be extremely large and peak voltages also may be vast , due in part to the Q of the tuner

.. my home brew 80 mtr tuner used to un-solder the tap's on the coil and the ww2 cellulite coil separators used to flash over ....

As for measuring power with the ammeter into the antenna this is virtually impossible , unless you have a calibrated power meter and are able to , measure the losses in the tuner and the power supplied to the tuner/Ae with a near perfect match , the current value then may be extrapolated and used as a relative measurement .. for that frequency . with that Ae at that time due to the load being 'complex'

G ..