Re: LF: 500kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 500kHz
From: Richard Newstead <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 18:28:15 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Dave Pick wrote:
Richard

I think most are "VFO" controlled... Centre of activity appears to be between 502-503 with beacony things nearer the edges. If you came up on 502.5 you wouldn't go far wrong!

Thanks Dave. I have had great trouble in getting the UEP VFO into the band as it initially would only just reach 500kHz. In the end I had to remove the trimmer and the 33p to deck, put a second resonator in parallel and couple them to the IC via 150pF instead of directly. With those mods I am now on 502.5kHz. I will need to check to make sure that it stays reliably on frequency (or in the band) over the likely supply voltage and temp range.

Still, I'm making progress.

73

Richard
G3CWI