LF: Re: Field Strength Meter - advice needed

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Field Strength Meter - advice needed
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 21:00:26 +0100
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=Oxy9c7MFUoWgUuki8eCuKZQepEv/X/v4whbqTdDGpXJd5bAYXfyVKyxriAzxRFEUswd4+pLrat43WTS8iHpndXUqGcr18JHm244H/jS2c1bYpwbi5BLkOEUflsKTaTIi/MeXEiV+5iYG5u71PRn9GGIY0Epa7nCvN5GZjUfUgKw= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Chris the following things occur to me to try
1 the 2N3819 is a juction fet not a mosfet (as with Dick original design) so
is probably more likely to show changes in input (gate-source) current with
temperature. The input current of a mostfet will be negligable. I cant
remember what the original device was but if a 40673 for instance try a
BF981 which are readily available.

2 At a lower level of probability the permiability of ferrite changes with
temperature. I would not that to be anything like so great as problem
though.

I hope that helps to solve the problem.

Alan G3NYK