LF: Re: Up-converter 0...550 kHz

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Up-converter 0...550 kHz
From: "Marcus, PY2PLL-PY3CRX" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 07:58:47 -0300
Sender: [email protected]
Vy interesting ...

Hi all,

I have made a tunable up-converter for VLF, LF and MF. Nothing ground-breaking, perhaps, but maybe a little inspiration for some.
I have compared the result with a professional receiver RFT EKD300 and my up-converter is better. The lower fq the bigger difference.
Here it is:

73, Petr, OK1FIG

On mine "version" the IF is tunable from 10 to 10.5MHz (10MHz TCXO), I use a pre-mixer instead (MCL ERA6). The mixer core is another MCL unit (SRA1) connected in a reverse way (e.g RF input is the DBM IF port which range from DC to 500MHz). The 500KHz low pass here is eliptic and I compared it with the VLF upconverter from a RFT EKV11.

But no images here, my assembly is ... never mind ... :-)

73

Marcus Ramos
PY3CRX/PY2PLL
São Bernardo do Campo - SP