LF: Nostalgia

To: rsgb <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Nostalgia
From: lawrence mayhead <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 01:14:21 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi all,
About a year ago I became rather seriously ill (I still am actually) my antennas
blew down in the gales and I was unable to fix them. So I have not been active on LF.
Recently with help I fixed the antennas, and burnt the spiders out of the loading coils.
Last weekend I listened and called for hours on 136/137, but nothing heard, no replies
to my CQ calls. So I re-tuned to 500kHz, I called many times but again nothing heard except
for G4JNT's very welcome beacon, which came in at 20 over nine, at least the equipment
is working!
Where has everyone gone? Have we all worked each other so often that we are bored? Have
we heard all the possible DX ? Have all the weak signal techniques like Argo been developed?
Do we now know so much about LF propagation that there is nothing new to be discovered?
Or are we all now so old and tired that we cannot solder a few components together or string
up a few bits of wire?
If you are not on 136, or 500 where are you? Where has everyone gone, please let
me know, perhaps I can come and join you, its certainly lonely down here on my own.
73 Laurie
G3AQC